CASAL STA. MARIA’S WINES ARE THE EXPRESSION OF THE UNIQUE TERROIR THAT ENCOMPASSES OUR VINEYARDS, PLANTED BETWEEN THE ATLANTIC OCEAN AND THE SINTRA MOUNTAINS
MAR DE ROSAS
Thew owner’s and the estate’s passion. This unique wine was awarded as the best Rose in Portugal and reflects how fresh (and complex at the same time) a Rose can be.
MALVASIA, PINOT NOIR AND SAUVIGNON BLANC
Winemakers passion. These varietals have specially well adapted to the unique terroir and microclimate of Colares and received various award from the start.
Our wines have been rewarded with several national and international awards, as well as many favorable reviews and high scores.
• Mar de Rosas, Best Rosé in Portugal – Grandes Escolhas 2018.
• Malvasia DOC 2015, Best whites of the year – Grandes Escolhas 2019.
• Ramisco DOC 2006, Best Reds of the year – Revista de Vinhos 2014.
• “Concours Mondial du Sauvignon 2014” Bordeaux – Sauvignon Blanc 2013 – Silver Medal.
• China Wine & Spirits Awards” Hong-Kong – Sauvignon Blanc 2013 – Silver Medal.
• “Revista de Vinhos (Portuguese wine magazine)”: Pinot Noir 2011 – 17/20 Late Harvest 2011- 17/20 Sauvignon 2013 – 16,5/20.
• Dr. Baron Bruemmer, the owner of Casal Sta. Maria, was awarded with the Gold Medal of Merit by the “Câmara Municipal of Sintra“, delivered by President Dr. Basílio Horta for the extraordinary success in producing wine with his team.
• The story of our company was published in some of the most important magazines and newspapers in Portugal (TAP – UP magazine, Expresso – Única magazine and Revista de Vinhos) and worldwide (The Guardian, Wine Enthusiast and more).